Charcroft Electronics can offer a variety of bespoke and custom packages as per our customers’ requirements. Our unique facility enables us to offer Custom Passive Assemblies, flying leads options, custom labelling and printing, ‘any quantity’ taping and reeling, in addition to optional Precision Express® manufacturing for prototype and pre-production quantities.
If you have a low volume assembly issue, challenge Charcroft to see how we can assist you. You can read more about how we have offered custom solutions for our customers’ low volume assembly problems below.
If you have a custom assembly or special project that you need a solution for, challenge Charcroft to see how we can assist you. You can read more about some of the packages we can offer below, or to read about how we have solved customer problems, take a look at our case studies.
Challenging electrical, mechanical & environmental specifications can be achieved by a custom Charcroft passive assembly. Combining one of the widest passive line-cards with a range of in-house assembly processes, and some creative thinking, Charcroft can design and build a passive assembly to your exacting specifications.Request Sample | Sales: Debbie Rowland
- 5-15 day leadtime for prototypes
- Custom footprints & lead-pitches
- Protection against harsh conditions
- Capacitor/resistor assemblies with optional flying leads
- Matching to electrical, mechanical & environmental parameters
As the biggest VPG-Approved Precision Centre in Europe and one of only five Precision Centres worldwide, Charcroft manufactures and delivers 0.005%+ radial and 0.01%+ surface mount resistors based on VPG’s Bulk Metal® Foil resistor technology. We also manufacture BS/CECC and commercial multilayer ceramic capacitors (MLCCs) down to 1% tolerance.
We can offer Precision Express® Leadtime as an optional extra subject to availability, within the timescales stated below:Sales: Amy Gillon
- 0.01% radial VPG Bulk Metal® Foil resistors
- 1%+ radial non-release & BS Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors
- 5%+ radial CECC Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors
- Charcroft Audio Resistors
- 0.005% radial VPG Bulk Metal® Foil resistors
- 0.01% Z Foil VPG Bulk Metal® Foil resistors
Flying leads can be supplied as an option on cable-to-board and cable-to-panel connectors to eliminate tooling, labour costs, and wire wastage. This option is available on signal, power and RF connectors for test and measurement, mil-aero, industrial and other applications. Leads are 24 AWG insulated with black PTFE to BS3G210 Type A, and optional heat-shrink sleeving at the crimp termination. For RF applications, lead options include RG, semi-rigid.
Flying leads can be added as an option to the following connector series:
RF Cable Assemblies: Cinch Connectivity Solutions, including Vitelec & Johnson Components
- Ranges include Vitelec & Johnson Components
- Applications from DC to 40GHz
- Wide range of commercial and high-performance connector styles
- Includes ultra-miniature connectors with quality snap-on connection
- Cable options from RG & semi-rigid to ultra-low-loss flexible
All the products shown on this page are available on "Any-Quantity" tape and reels or bandoliers with no minimum order quantity. Precision Express® surface mount resistors can be supplied on 7" reels complete with leader and feeder tapes and radial resistors and multilayer capacitors can be supplied on paper bandoliers on any reel size up to 12".
Surface Mount Chip Resistors & Voltage Dividers (Tape & Reel)
|Precision Resistors||Reel Size||Description|
|VSM series||178mm / 7"||Surface mount resistors|
|VSMP series||178mm / 7"||Z Foil surface mount resistors|
|SMR_D series||178mm / 7"||Molded surface mount resistors|
Tape and reel packing of surface mounting chip passives for automatic placement are in accordance with IEC60286-3
Radial Resistors, Voltage Dividers & Multilayer Ceramic Capacitors (Bandoliers)
|Product Code||Lead Style|
|VK20/CK05||Formed 5.08 crs|
|VK30/CK06||Straight 5.08 crs|
|VK21||Straight 2.54 crs|
|S102C & K||Straight 3.81 crs|
|S102J & L||Straight 5.08 crs|
|RS92NA||Straight 3.81 crs|
|RS92N||Straight 5.08 crs|
|AN||Straight 5.08 crs|
|4812 CX||Straight 3.81 crs|
|E102J||Straight 5.08 crs|
|300144||Straight 2.54² crs|
|Z201||Straight 3.81 crs|
|Z201L||Straight 5.08 crs|
The peel force of the top sealing tape is between 0.2 and 1.0 Newton at 180°. The breaking force of the carrier and sealing tape in the direction of unreeling is greater than 10 Newtons.
Molded radial leaded types with 2.54, 3.81 and 5.08mm lead spacing can be supplied bandoliered on reels up to 12"
Calibrate all your RTD inputs.
The new Foil RTD Simulators can simulate RTD’s in all types of instruments, such as transmitters, controllers and data acquisition, process control, lab equipment etc. Connect an RTD Simulator and instantly read the temperature printed on each simulator.
Better than a decade box - faster, easier and much less expensive.
Each RTD Simulator is a complete compact simulator for check-out and calibration of all RTD instruments in the field, shop or control room. The long term stability conditions of the RTD Simulator are regulated with respect to temperature and humidity.
Each RTD Simulator based on the Vishay Bulk Metal® Foil technology comes with built-in climate control (CC) feature.
- Any simulation temperature within the range –200°C to +850°C is available.
- Accurate to ±0.01°C.
- Temperature coefficient of resistance (TCR) of ±1ppm/°C over temperature range of –55°C to +125°C, 25°C ref.
- Resistance tolerance: to ±0.005% (50ppm).
- Resistance range: 10Ω to 5KΩ (for higher or lower values, please contact us).
- Other types of RTD connectors available, please let us know your requirements.
- Also multiple pre-determined temperature references available in one handy device as below.
- Un-mounted units also available.